Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Rite


I saw this a while ago but never got around to reviewing it, and now that I have a little time I will do so. Donoghue stars as Kovak a young man that uses seminary college as a way to escape his father's funeral home business. His faith is not what it should be, in fact its non existent and he wants to leave college without accepting his vows. However when threatened with a revoking of his scholarship, he unwilling accepts the last favor asked of him, which was to attend exorcism training in Rome. Here because of his unbelief he's paired with (Hopkins)Father Lucas a priest and exorcist known for his unorthodox ways. Kovak's sanity and what he believes is placed to the test with Father Lucas's extraordinary experiences, here he makes the important decision of what his faith should really be. Acting was great by all the major players and there are a few gruesome scenes. The critics panned it, but it was enjoyable to me, I have yet to see a movie about exorcisms that I didn't like. Maybe my fascination makes me bias. I give it 3 JUICY MANGOES

No comments:

Post a Comment