Monday, March 21, 2011

Jane Eyre


I was never a fan of this book or movie, I read Wide Sargasso Sea first (for CXC) and I loved it. I felt a greater affinity to the 'Mad Wife' and being the passionate person I am, was against Jane Eyre which portrayed her in a negative light. However for some reason unknown to me I drew an interest to this film, maybe time lessened my distaste, and I'm glad it did. This is the best movie I've seen this year so far, it had all the elements that drew me in. Wasikowska was elegant as Jane Eyre, she did this role great justice, and Fassbender as Rochester was just juicy. The chemistry between the two were great, and the acting was stellar. Since seeing this movie, my feelings about Jane Eyre have drastically changed. I've been on a Jane Eyre movie watching spree this weekend saw the 1944, 1983 and the 2006 versions. After viewing them all this 2011 version was not the best, but Wasikowska is the best Jane by far. If you're familiar with the story they're no surprises, only difference is that this version uses flashback technique. The movie begins from her exit at Gateshead and vacillates between her adult life and childhood. Beautiful, entertaining from start to finish, if you're into period pieces and romance, this is a must see. I give it 5 JUICY MANGOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment